I have been nominated for an award! I feel both blessed (for being nominated) and guilty (for being inconsistent about posting lately – the start of school has really killed my productivity here on More at Forty). Maybe this will be a sort of motivation for me to get more productive.
The rules of the award are five:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them. Check!
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- How did you choose the name of your blog? I started the blog right around my forty-fifth birthday, so I named it More at Forty (Five) but the url for that didn’t seem short enough or catchy enough, so I reduced the address to More at Forty. Plus, it makes me sound five years younger than I really am! 🙂
- Describe the weather where you are right now. Warm bordering on hot. It was “only” in the mid-90s today, but is supposed to over 100 both of the weekend days. I am ready for fall to start! It is hard to get in the mood for fall festivities when it is so warm outside.
- Look to your right and list five things that you see. A bit of a mess on my couch! There is my daughter’s library, “The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes,” a TV remote, two book bags with various contents in them, a pillow and today’s newspaper still rolled up.
- List what was included in the last meal you ate. We went to a pretty new little shop that has straight from the farm produce, sandwiches, etc. So, I had part of a peach that they sliced up for us, a BLT that was delish and some samples of their yummy smoothies. Oh, and I ate part of my daughter’s grilled cheese sandwich so as to not waste food. 🙂 And a tasty, cinnamon iced tea.
- What article of your clothing do you like to wear the most? Definitely pajamas. But, if I’m going out in public, I like jeans best. I have a few pairs that I really like and I can wear them totally casual or dress them up a bit with different shirts. I am definitely not one to be very fancy though.
- Do you collect any special objects? If so, what do you collect? I don’t really collect objects. I would say I collect things to read. I have a ton of books, both read and unread. I have a lot of blogs in my blog feed that I love to read. I have both Kindle and Nook accounts (read Kindle on the iPad and I own a Nook). I have a ton of magazines. Wow, this just made me realize that I have a bit of a problem in this area…because much of this has gone unread.
- It’s Saturday night—do you want to go out, or would you rather stay home? Usually I would say stay home. Especially if it could be by myself (so send my daughter out to a babysitter). I rarely get time alone, so it is really valuable to me when I can get it. But sometimes I get a hankering to be social…
- How many languages can you speak? Which ones? One. English. I took French in junior high and for a short time in high school, but stopped and never really retained it. Sad, but true.
- What was the first paying job that you ever had? I taught swim lessons at a neighborhood swim pool when I was 15. I did that and lifeguarded at that same pool until I was 22! I loved it and still miss it at times in the summer.
- What would you be doing right now if you weren’t answering these questions? I would probably be struggling to write a Fortune Friday post (I have daily “themes” I try to write under on the blog just to keep things varied and to give me something to focus my writing on. But, I often start a post and don’t finish it that day and so it doesn’t get published. This was much easier for me! 🙂
-Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
This is probably the most difficult thing, but here goes:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. What is your favorite gift to give and receive? It can be targeted to a certain person/population or just in general.
3. What do you think is the perfect age is and why?
4. What is your favorite thing about fall?
5. What is your favorite blog to read and why?
6. Are you reading any books right now? If so, what is it/are they? If not, what was the last book you read? And do you/did you like it?
7. What do you have hanging on your refrigerator right now (if it looks like mine, you can choose five things to list instead of having to take a page and a half of writing to make your list)?
8. What are you most looking forward to doing this month?
9. Who do you most admire and why?
10. What has been the most memorable/meaningful random act of kindness you have ever experienced (either doing or receiving)?
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them. (will do as soon as I post!)
– Nominees can pass it on by nominating up to 10 other blogs with less than 200 followers for an award and following the process above!
Please go and check out the other blogs! I have a strange combination of interests in blogs that I read and I think the list captures that, so there is probably at least one for everyone, if not more! And thanks again to Bookmammal for the nomination. You were right, this was really fun!